Recipe: Southwestern Quiche Muffin
Quiche Muffins are a great choice for a quick morning breakfast but they are also a wonderful addition to a relaxed brunch. If you have a bit of time then enjoy this with avocado and other fruits.
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 10–15 minutes | Serves: 4
- 10 eggs, whisked
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, fnely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- Canadian Bacon* optional
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon chili powder or chipotle powder
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 jalapeno, minced (optional)
- ¼ cup cilantro, minced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Keep whisked eggs in a bowl at room temperature.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat and saute onion for 5 minutes or until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add garlic and stir to combine. Add peppers, spinach, cumin, turmeric, chili powder, salt, pepper, and jalapeno..
- Cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Turn heat off.
- When mixture is cool enough, stir in cilantro then add to eggs in the bowl and stir to combine.
- Rub a little coconut or grapeseed oil in a muffin tin or line with muffin liners.
- Distribute batter evenly.
- If desired, layer in Canadian Bacon.
- Bake muffins for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned on top and spring back when touched.