Recipe: Healthy & Delicious Breakfast Cookies
If you don’t have time to make a filling and nutritious breakfast every day of the week, then try making healthy grab and go meals!
These fiber-rich, healthy oatmeal breakfast cookies are super filling and perfect for making ahead, freezing and grabbing on your way out the door. If freezing ahead, take them out the night before for the next morning.
Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies (yields 12 large cookies)
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup almond meal (or similar flour of your choice)
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped nuts of your choice (walnuts, pecans, etc.)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup oil of your choice (coconut, avocado, canola, etc.)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In large bowl, mash bananas and mix in oil and vanilla. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make 12 equal balls of dough.
- Press each ball down on baking sheet using a glass jar or the palm of your hand.
- Bake cookies in preheated 350F oven for 18-22 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 5-10 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool.
These are equally enjoyed as a healthy and filling dessert. It is especially lovely with a bit of dark chocolate mixed in.