Recipe: Morning Glory Muffins
Muffins are always a great option for when you are on the go. Pair this with a banana or orange to help round out your meal.
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 omega-3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil (or coconut oil, melted)
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup carrot, grated
- 1/3 cup zucchini, grated
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a food processor or bowl, beat eggs and stream in oil, vanilla, and lemon juice. Then, stir in carrots and zucchini.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture and stir to combine.
- Place batter into prepared muffin tin, leaving room at top. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until the muffins are lightly browned on top and spring back when touched.
- Let muffin tins cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing.