Recipe: Homemade Breakfast Bar
This healthy and quick breakfast is easy to prepare and perfect for when you need something to grab and go.
- 1 cup packed dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup creamy no sugar added almond butter
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- Place dates in a food processor and process until almost smooth.
- Place dates, oats, pumpkin seeds and walnuts in a bowl and set aside
- Warm honey and almond butter in a small saucepan over low heat being sure to stir well.
- Pour honey mixture over oat mixture and mix well.
- Transfer to an 8x8 pan lined with parchment paper and press down until uniform and distributed throughout the pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator until it becomes firm (about 30 minutes).
- Remove bars from pan and cut into bars.
- Store in an airtight container.