A Summer Recipe the Whole Family Will Love
Make These (Kid Friendly) Fish Tacos!
How do you feed hungry kids quick, healthy food and that tastes so good you can enjoy as well? All of this can come true with this easy and delicious fish taco dish that pleases kids, adults and the tummy!
What you will need (for 4 servings):
- 4 (5 oz) Halibut or other meaty white fish fillets
- 1 tsp minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp Tomato paste
- 2 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 2 Onions
- 2 large Bell peppers
- pinch of Salt
- pinch of Pepper
- 1 tsp Coconut oil
- Organic taco shells
- 1 Avocado
- 2 limes
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat organic coconut oil over medium heat. Add onions and bell peppers cut thin and long, cook with 1 cup of water until water has evaporated and vegetables are softened, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add garlic, tomato paste, chili powder, and cumin or taco powder to your onion and peppers. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add in your favorite fish (chicken, turkey or beef will do too!) and cook while stirring it all together. Keep breaking up the fish with a wooden spoon, until it looks fully cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Select organic hard taco shells from an organic non-GMO (genetically modified) brand like “Garden of Eating” or serve with simple ingredients like organic corn, lime, salt and soft tortillas that you have warmed with light oil in a hot pan.
- Top with avocado slices and a squeeze of lime (optional)