Healthy Commuter Friendly Breakfast Ideas
In this rushed world we are often looking for quick and easy breakfast ideas that also help us to achieve our health goals. While this might not seem easy there are actually plenty of ideas for a Healthy Commuter Breakfast. Some lend themselves well to enjoying while commuting while others are great for bringing to the office.
Here are a few ideas to get you started. Be sure to ask your Vida Coach for help if you are not sure of which options are best for you.
~ click on hyperlinks for recipes~
- Morning Glory Muffins
- Southwestern Quiche Muffin
- Whole Grain Nut Butter Sandwich
- Use no sugar added nut butter of your choice and use sliced fresh bananas and/or strawberries in place of jam.
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Homemade Breakfast Bar
- Kind Bar
- Breakfast Burrito
- Tortilla (look for whole grain for a healthier option) filled with scrambled eggs, salsa and sauteed peppers.
- A Favorite Smoothie or Smoothie Bowl
- Sliced cheese, or a stick of cheese, with a piece of fruit.
- Avocado Toast
- Toast a piece of whole wheat bread, top with a few slices of ripe avocado and sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper.
- Overnight Oats
- Layer 1/4 cup natural applesauce, cinnamon to taste, 5 chopped raw almonds, 10 raisins and 1/2 cup of oats in a pint size mason jar. Cover oats with unsweetened almond milk. Cover, shake container to mix and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Yogurt Parfait
- Layer plain Greek yogurt with fresh berries and chopped raw nuts. For extra sweetness drizzle with a bit of honey.
- Breakfast Cookies
For even more breakfast ideas visit our Breakfast & Brunch board on Pinterest.