Life is simple…Just add water!
Here are 5 fascinating benefits of being by water. Let’s plan a trip soon!
- Studies show the salty air by the coast does wonders for the respiratory system - and for those that suffer from asthma, bronchitis, sinus pressure, and coughing, you may notice a difference in their condition after just one day at the beach.
- The reflection of the sun off of the sand and the ocean is a great way to get your daily dose of vitamin D. As long as you’re smothered in SPF, getting some sunshine everyday is good for your health.
- There is no greater healer than salt water. Swimming in the ocean enhances the immune system, hydrates skin, and boosts circulation. Seawater that is rich in magnesium also has been shown to relax muscles and helps induce sleep.
- Recent studies show that during stressful situations, scenes with images of calm water were much more restorative than those without. Doctors claim that levels of cortisol (the stress hormone) decrease when near the water, to learn more on this research “Blue Mind Experiments”.
- Water has also been linked to improved cognitive function. Scientists claim that people enter a meditative state when they’re near water. Close proximity to water, floods the brain with feel good hormones such as dopamine, serotonin and oxytocin.