7 Ways to Boost Your Energy and Mood
We all go through times in our lives where we may feel that our energy is depleted. Perhaps you feel a mid day slump or maybe you are dozing at your desk. This is definitely no way to live. So let us turn to some ideas for improving your energy and mood.
- Make sure to get exercise! Exercising helps to relieve stress and gets your circulation going. Even if you feel too tired to hit the gym, taking a leisurely stroll for 30 minutes will do wonders for your energy level and your overall outlook. You will often find that you feel more energized after walking instead of more fatigued.
- Make sure you are eating enough protein and drinking lots of water!
- Prioritize sleep, no matter what! Yes, chores and errands need to be done, but try to set aside a specific amount of time for this.
- Try swimming at a local lake, pool or river! It’s refreshing and can help when you are feeling too tired for anything else.
- Avoid too much screen time, caffeine, and sugar. While they may seem helpful in the moment, they can have a negative effect on both your sleep and sense of well-being. Wind yourself down at night, keep caffeine to a minimum and cut it off before late afternoon. Reduce or eliminate sugar from your diet. Your mind and body will thank you.
- Try adding in a B-complex vitamin and make sure you are getting enough Vitamin D and/or adequate sunlight each day.
- Avoid committing to too many events, social gatherings, or “helping out” friends. Safeguard your energy, space and needs. It’s okay to say that you can’t stay until midnight or you are not feeling up for something. Create boundaries to protect your needs.