Morning Glory Muffins!
These easy and tasty muffins are a glorious way to start any day. They combine the great taste and chewy texture of carrots with the wonderful flavors of coconut, walnuts, and cinnamon.
Prep Time: 15 minutes I Cook Time: 10-15 minutes I Serves: 6
What you will need:
- 1 hand beater (optional)
- 1 muffin tin
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 omega-3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grape seed oil (or coconut oil, melted)
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup carrot, grated
- 1/3 cup zucchini, grated
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a food processor or bowl, beat eggs and stream in oil, vanilla, and lemon juice. Then, stir in carrots and zucchini.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture and stir to combine.
- Place batter into prepared muffin tin, leaving room at top. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until the muffins are lightly browned on top and spring back when touched.
- Let muffin tins cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing.
- Store unconsumed muffins in a glass container or covered plate in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat before consuming in order to add back moisture.
Serving suggestion: Serve with a couple omega-3 eggs and spread a little nut butter in the center of a sliced muffin (cashew, almond, or sunlower seed butter).
Nutritional analysis per serving (1 muffin): calories 212, fat 17g, saturated fat 2g, cholesterol 55mg, fber 4g, protein 4g, carbohydrate 6g, sodium 151mg