6 Healthy Indian Dishes
Do you LOVE Indian food but are not sure which dishes will go with your healthy eating patterns? Well, you’re in luck! There are plenty of nutritious Indian dishes to enjoy, and here are a few popular examples!
- -Chicken tandoori- Full of lean protein and low in fat. Also flavored with many healthy spices.
- -Dahl- chickpea curry is loaded with fiber.
- -Raita- A great side dish made with yogurt, herbs and cucumber.
- -Hara bhara kabab- A great vegetarian alternative for those who love kebabs. Made with potato, spinach and spices.
- -Pumpkin Bhaji- Pumpkins are a fantastic source of vitamin A and trace minerals (you can substitute other gourds such as butternut squash). A wonderful seasonal dish to enjoy!
- -Roti- Made with whole wheat, roti is a great substitute for naan bread which is higher in calories and lower in fiber.