Thanksgiving Recipe: Crustless Sweet Potato Pie
As with most pies, a significant amount of extra calories and fat come along with that small slice. You won’t even miss the crust and extra sugar with this new take on that delicious Thanksgiving dessert you crave every year!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Makes 8 servings
- 2 lbs sweet potato - cooked, skins removed
- 1/2 cup canned light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or light brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp each ground ginger, nutmeg, and allspice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 425° F
- Grease an 8 inch round cake pan or pie plate with coconut oil, butter, or nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, or the container of a blender or food processor, add cooked sweet potatoes, coconut milk, coconut sugar, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, cinnamon, salt, eggs, vanilla and butter. Mix in blender, food processor or with a hand mixer until ingredients are evenly combined and you have a smooth batter.
- Pour batter into greased pan and bake for at 425° F for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temp to 350° F, then bake another 45 mins or until center of pie is set. Let cool completely then serve!