New Year, New You: Creating Your 2017 Wellness Vision
It’s that time of year once again - a time to think about your wellness goals for the upcoming new year! A great way to begin this important process is by creating your very own, personalized Wellness Vision.
What is a Wellness Vision?
A Wellness Vision is a forward look at the year ahead - about how you want look, feel, be in one year’s time. It’s a compelling statement of who you are and what health-promoting, life-giving behaviors you want to be doing consistently by year’s end.
Your health coach can help you compose your very own Wellness Vision. Prior to your vision planning session with your coach, take time to think about what your vision will look like. Following are some questions to help you begin this process:
- First Picture: What does your vision look like? Paint a picture. What you look and feel like at your ideal level of wellness?
- Key Elements: What are the most important elements in your vision? How will these power you forward and help you stay on track?
- Best Experiences: What have been your best experiences to date with the key elements of your vision - times when you felt alive and fully engaged?
- Core Values: Without being modest, what do you value most about your life? What values does your wellness vision support?
- Motivators: What makes this vision really important to you? Why do you want to realize this vision?
- Strengths: What strengths can you draw on to help you close the gap and realize your vision? How can the lessons from your successes carry over to your current life situation?
- Challenges: What challenges do you anticipate having to deal with on the way to reaching your vision?
- Supports: What people, resources, systems and environments can you draw on to help you realize your vision?
- Next Steps: Of the possibilities you’ve generated, which one or ones do you want to pursue in the next week? What are your next one or two steps?
- Confidence: On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the most confident and 1 being no confidence, how confident are you that you can take these steps on the way to realizing your vision? (Should be 7 or higher).
Once you have created your 2017 Wellness Vision, your coach will post it on the Vida app under “Plan.” Be sure to review your vision frequently - this is a great motivator and will help you stay on track until your vision is a reality!