Celebrate the Holiday with Wiser Spirits
Season cheer has arrived! You don’t have to lose the healthy accomplishments you’ve achieved thus far just because you want to partake in the festivities. A little planning and a few strategies will provide you the arsenal needed to maintain your progress through the season.
Choose Your Parties. Everyone has parties this time of year. It’s up to you to decide which occasions will be worth the indulgence. By planning ahead, you’ll up your odds of preserving your fit physique.
Drink Wisely. Pure alcohol contains about seven calories per gram, making it nearly twice as caloric as protein or carbs. It’s important to choose your beverage carefully. Here are some low-calorie choices to consider the next time you’re feeling jolly, as well as some to avoid:
- 12 oz. Light Beer – 110 Calories
- 6 oz. Rum and Diet Coke – 65 Calories
- 4 oz. Cabernet Sauvignon or Chardonnay – 90 Calories
- 4 oz Dry Champagne – 105 Calories
- 6 oz. Vodka and Soda Water – 65 Calories
- 7.5 oz. Gin and Diet Tonic – 115 Calories
- Jack Daniels (Single Shot) – 55 Calories
- 6 oz. Mud Slide – 560 Calories
- 9 oz. Mai Tai – 620 Calories
- 10 oz Margarita – 550 Calories
- 10 oz. Long Island Ice Tea – 543 Calories
- 8 oz. Eggnog 160-290 at a shot of spirits for another 60 calories